Bug: Gantt view: moving task changes duration
Frontend Version: try 2022-11-12
API Version: try 2022-11-12
Browser and OS Version: Firefox, MacOS
Steps to reproduce:
- Add start and end dates (/times) to a task.
- View in Gantt view.
- Move task horizontally (changing days).
Task duration should stay the same. Only the days should change.
Task duration increases.
Moving the task several times back and forth keeps increasing its duration.
My impression is that it's happening at the transition from one week to another.
The funny thing is - it's not exactly reproducable.
Sometimes the task gets shorter, sometime longer. The exact date transition where it occurs is also not the same...
But try this (also works on my Ubuntu machine with Chrome browser):
- Open list in Gantt view
- Create a task
- Shorten the task to 2 or 3 days duration
- Click task and keep holding
- Move left or right. It works when going slow, but especially when going a little faster. The task becomes longer or shorter at seemingly random dates (eventually having 0 duration in that case)
Maybe internally the frontend gets the signal that I'm dragging one of the ends? It also happens if I click, hold, move my cursor away vertically, and then go horizontally (so that I don't accidentally touch the ends of a task).
I was able to reproduce this, but as you said not reliably. I suspect a race condition.
Another thing I noticed is the end time of the task is 23:59 but on the gantt chart it shows up as 00:00. Maybe that's related to that.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?