Bug: Gantt view: moving task changes duration #2693

Open
opened 3 months ago by Yodbha · 3 comments

Version information:

Frontend Version: try 2022-11-12
API Version: try 2022-11-12
Browser and OS Version: Firefox, MacOS

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Add start and end dates (/times) to a task.
  2. View in Gantt view.
  3. Move task horizontally (changing days).
    ...

Expected behavior:

Task duration should stay the same. Only the days should change.

Actual behavior:

Task duration increases.
Moving the task several times back and forth keeps increasing its duration.
My impression is that it's happening at the transition from one week to another.

**Version information:** Frontend Version: try 2022-11-12 API Version: try 2022-11-12 Browser and OS Version: Firefox, MacOS **Steps to reproduce:** 1. Add start and end dates (/times) to a task. 2. View in Gantt view. 3. Move task horizontally (changing days). ... **Expected behavior:** Task duration should stay the same. Only the days should change. **Actual behavior:** Task duration increases. Moving the task several times back and forth keeps increasing its duration. My impression is that it's happening at the transition from one week to another.
Owner

Can you provide exact steps to reproduce?

Can you provide exact steps to reproduce?
Poster

The funny thing is - it's not exactly reproducable.
Sometimes the task gets shorter, sometime longer. The exact date transition where it occurs is also not the same...
But try this (also works on my Ubuntu machine with Chrome browser):

  1. Open list in Gantt view
  2. Create a task
  3. Shorten the task to 2 or 3 days duration
  4. Click task and keep holding
  5. Move left or right. It works when going slow, but especially when going a little faster. The task becomes longer or shorter at seemingly random dates (eventually having 0 duration in that case)

Maybe internally the frontend gets the signal that I'm dragging one of the ends? It also happens if I click, hold, move my cursor away vertically, and then go horizontally (so that I don't accidentally touch the ends of a task).

The funny thing is - it's not exactly reproducable. Sometimes the task gets shorter, sometime longer. The exact date transition where it occurs is also not the same... But try this (also works on my Ubuntu machine with Chrome browser): 1. Open list in Gantt view 2. Create a task 3. Shorten the task to 2 or 3 days duration 4. Click task and keep holding 5. Move left or right. It works when going slow, but especially when going a little faster. The task becomes longer or shorter at seemingly random dates (eventually having 0 duration in that case) Maybe internally the frontend gets the signal that I'm dragging one of the ends? It also happens if I click, hold, move my cursor away vertically, and then go horizontally (so that I don't accidentally touch the ends of a task).
konrad added the kind/bug label 3 months ago
Owner

I was able to reproduce this, but as you said not reliably. I suspect a race condition.

Another thing I noticed is the end time of the task is 23:59 but on the gantt chart it shows up as 00:00. Maybe that's related to that.

I was able to reproduce this, but as you said not reliably. I suspect a race condition. Another thing I noticed is the end time of the task is 23:59 but on the gantt chart it shows up as 00:00. Maybe that's related to that.
Sign in to join this conversation.
No Milestone
No Assignees
2 Participants
Notifications
Due Date

No due date set.

Dependencies

No dependencies set.

Reference: vikunja/frontend#2693
Loading…
There is no content yet.